I can’t believe it is time to do this again! March is often the snowiest month up here in Maine. And, true to form it snowed right around my husband’s birthday. I don’t know why, but I would say that it snows a lot right on his birthday, Π day. If we have a party we get a blizzard (not kidding).
During March, I will have read and reviewed 22 books bringing me to 55 so far this year.
I have gotten halfway through my historic romance challenge goal of 18, and I am at 21 out of 24 in the Erotic Romance Challenge. I finished up the contemporary romance challenge. All my challenges can be found HERE.
But the blog doesn’t run on reviews alone. I had 10 additional posts including this one.
FOUR Guest Posts: Thanks to these four lovely persons!
ONE Fourth Anniversary Post: Mistress of My Domain I discuss my core values for the blog. Thanks to everyone for all the nice things you said and shared with me.
ONE Cover reveal post (ATTACK THE GEEK & SEX AND THE SINGLE VAMP) but that was not the only post that day.
In addition I created banners to go with posts (slideshow above). In book tours the banners are often pre-made. But for my reviews I either have to let the server have its way with the book cover or make a better quality image. This has added a bunch-o-time to my workload. Sometimes it involves cleaning up a book cover’s resolution issues when the cover is enlarged for the banner. Other times I composite public domain, attributed art I find, or stock/clip art with the covers and sometimes I am lucky to get the covers in a series together. On the upside it helps me justify my photoshop subscription and keeps me a little current in my abilities.
I’m probably prouder than I should be about some of these.
Here are my books for the month, linked to their reviews
1. SWEET SOUTHERN BETRAYAL Robin Covington
3. ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE by Marie Force
4. ROMANCING THE DUKE by Tessa Dare
5. TAMING THE WILD HIGHLANDER by Terry Spears
6. CURSED BY CUPID by Wendy Sparrow (short)
7. KISSED by Kim Knox (short)
8. CRASHED by K. Bromberg
9. APPLES SHOULD BE RED by Penny Watson (novella)
11. KISS OF LIES by Bronwen Evans
12. THE LAST MAN ON EARTH by Tracy Anne Warren
13. HOPE FLAMES by Jaci Burton
14. HOPE IGNITES by Jaci Burton
15. THREE WEEKS WITH LADY X by Eloisa James
16. THE DARK AFFAIR by Maire Claremont
17. ALL FIRED UP by Kate Meader
18. BARED Club Sin by Stacey Kennedy
19. ROCK IT by Jennifer Chance
20. WHEN A LAIRD TAKES A LADY by Rowan Keats
21. THEIRS TO CHERISH by Shayla Black
22. THE COUNTESS CONFESSIONS by Jillian Hunter
COMING UP IN APRIL!
April 1 Author Ann Gimpel (no foolin’!)
April 3 Spring Fling Hop Begins Two winners, choose two books each US shipping only.
April 4 Sharon Lynn Fisher THE OPHELIA PROPHECY event with giveaway
April 16, GIRLS NIGHT OUT Anthology Tour!
April 18 Elizabeth Hamilton Guarino Guest Posts with PERCOLATE!
April 22 EAST OF ECSTASY by Laura Kaye comes out. Review
April 25 Dani Harper’s STORM BOUND (Grim Series. Book 2)
April 29 I review Caroline Linden’s IT TAKES A SCANDAL
I’m so looking forward to the end of winter and start of spring. The sun is out as I write this but it’s brutally cold outside. I need to see green things break through the thawed ground, preferably not zombies.
What are you looking forward to this month?