A lot of readers have recommended sports romance novels to me. I’ve read some, but since I know your interested I was thrilled to have Tracy Solheim offer me a guest post in her promotional tour for RISKY GAME. This book sounds really hot and fun, and it’s perfect for you if you love football, or if you’re a football widow. There’s a giveaway for a book from the series so scroll down!
Out of Bounds #3
by Tracy Solheim
E-Book/Mass Market Paperback 321 pages
Penguin Group (USA)/Berkley (May 6, 2014)
The book sounds like it has it all, hot guy, creepy blogger, nice girl, love, and a great big secret! And, Tracy is giving a copy
Just when he was at the top of his game… She changed the rules.
Baltimore Blaze tight-end Brody Janik is a natural born football star. At twenty-seven, his record-breaking athletic performance and his cover-boy good looks have turned him in to a household name. But Brody’s hiding a major secret behind his charming, public persona: a health condition that may cut his career short.
PhD candidate Shannon ‘Shay’ Everett works multiple jobs to put herself through school—including an unpaid internship with the Blaze training department. Strapped for cash, Shay answers the call of a NFL gossip blogger to uncover personal details about the Blaze players. Sneaking in to the locker room one night, she gets entangled in Brody’s secret… and swept up by his charm.
Brody isn’t sure what to make of the gawky girl with the whiskey eyes, especially when he discovers she was snooping. His first instinct is to turn her in as a snitch, but she could destroy him by sharing his secret. Instead, he decides to keep her close… perhaps closer than either of them originally intended…
Thanks, Steph, for hosting me today. My Out of Bounds series of books features a fictitious NFL football team, the Baltimore Blaze. Now, while the books detail the players’ exploits off the field—like their quarterback’s hanky panky in a training room with a sexy woman, for example—I don’t give too much detail about what goes on among the teammates when the testosterone is flowing inside the locker room. I thought I’d remedy that today by giving readers a glimpse of the top ten items you’d find in Blaze tight end Brody Janik’s locker.
But first, a few words about Number 81. With four older sisters, Brody is the only son in his sometimes overbearing family. Thanks to the coven of nurturers, though, he’s got a fairly refined fashion sense. America’s favorite football cover-boy looks good and he knows how to flaunt it. He’s also hiding a few secrets. And there’s no better place to hide something from family and teammates then deep in the bowels of his locker. So let’s take a peek inside!
10. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 flavored with lemon and chamomile. Brody can’t have his pucker drying out from the harsh game day winds and other extracurricular activities.
- Altoids. He doesn’t care what his breath smells like when facing a menacing defensive back, but you never know who you’ll meet in the quiet hallways of the training facility late at night.
- BB Thickening shampoo and conditioner. He’s gotta keep the sexy locks soft and full just in case he encounters a whiskey-eyed woman who wants to run her fingers through his hair.
- Braun body shaver. Perfect for the face and all the necessary manscaping that a sexy underwear model has to perform.
- An iPod and earbuds. Each team has a “music man”, a player who blasts pre-game music over a boom box while the players get their game face on. Brody prefers to listen to grunge music before a game rather than the high octane tunes blaring through the locker room.
- Vaseline. Not only does it help calm the chafing of his pads against some of his more delicate areas, Brody also slathers it along his biceps and forearms before a game. He says it’s to make him slippery to defenders, but his teammates all know it’s to make his muscles shiny and more pronounced under the lights.
- A photo of his family. While Brody finds his sisters cloying and interfering, he loves being a part of such a large family and playing the goofy uncle to his nieces and nephews.
- A rosary and a four leaf clover. The clover reminds him of his days playing football at Notre Dame and the rosary travels with him everywhere, including to his pre-game mass at Leo the Great before every home game.
- A gnarled copy of the sex toy catalog he and Shannon use to try and “out” the blogger. Brody claims to find what’s on the embossed pages unnecessary and disgusting, but he’s had more than one fantasy about using some of the “toys” pictured on the pages while fooling around with Shannon.
- A sweaty Notre Dame T-shirt he wore beneath his jersey when the Fighting Irish won the Rose Bowl. He swears never to wash his lucky shirt and, by now, it’s become pretty ripe. The smell is enough to keep his teammates from digging through his locker, though, and therein lies the shirt’s luck. Because wrapped in the stinky fabric is Brody’s One-Touch blood tester, the one item in his locker that he can’t risk anyone finding.
Tracy Solheim’s creative writing career started in the fourth grade when she published her first book. It was a bestseller–mainly because her dad bought all ten copies. From there, she moved on to work for NBC Sports and then to writing reports and testimony for Congress. Today, Tracy is the author of internationally best selling contemporary romance novels featuring hot football players and the women who love them. She lives in suburban Atlanta, with her husband, two nearly adult children, and a horse named after her first novel: Game On. See what she’s up to at www.tracysolheim.com.
Wow, Tracy you’ve been everywhere – exciting locker rooms, boring politics, adoring fans (your father and now our readers)! Thanks so much for coming by here and the fabulous giveaway!
And, I wish I could enter this giveaway for one of the books in this series, signed by Tracy. She’s generously giving away a signed copy of one of the books from this series.
Open to US and Canada! You must be 18 or older and entry constitutes verification of age.
Make sure all the info you put in the form is complete and correct. Incomplete or incorrect info voids the entry.