Okay, over half the year is gone. My reading goal for the year = A Lot of Books. I am not a big fan of goals or numbers unless they measure carats or net worth! But I also like to know where I stand. What can I say I am a complex, often contradictory, woman.
This month had two TV shows I typically review come back on (TRUE BLOOD and THE MASTERS OF SEX), plus, I occasionally review a movie with them — but I usually do them all together. That means over 4 weeks replaced four book reviews and it did lower my book numbers. I only added the following 17 to my read and reviewed listing. That takes me to a measly 129 for the year. Not bad, I guess. Look, I admit it, I have resorted to a few ideas like the Sunday meme, the weekly TV/movie reviews and guests because I simply couldn’t keep up the pace to beat myself for last year. Also, reading a 45 hour long audio book WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD) early in the month threw me off.
Up here in the Northeast, I find summer is like the holidays are in warmer climes. We all want to do stuff and get together when we know a blizzard won’t leave us with a sheet cake for 35 people. So we do get together, and we travel. Where in the winter I have no problem staying in, reading, for days on end, in the summer I itch to be outside.
As much as I love reading, and books they are no substitute for living: traveling, visiting friends, and all the activity I have to pack into 2 to two or three gorgeous months. It’s just how it is.
- RUDE AWAKENINGS OF A JANE AUSTEN ADDICT by Laura Viera Rigler
- THE SCENIC ROUTE by Devan Sipher
- SUMMER RAIN for R.A.I.N.N. Anthology Partial read, not counted in tally
- WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD by Dianna Gabaldon
- THE HUSBAND HUNT by Lynsay Sands
- POISON PROMISE by Jennifer Estep
- THEN CAME YOU by Jill Shalvis
- THE BARON NEXT DOOR by Erin Knightly
- A GOOD DEBUTANTE’S GUIDE TO RUIN by Sophie Jordan
- BETTER HOMES AND HAUNTINGS by Molly Harper
- FLYING by Megan Hart
- HOW TO REPRIMAND YOUR ROCK STAR by Mina Vaughan
- TO MARRY A SCOTTISH LAIRD by Lynsay Sands
- NAUGHTY BITS, PART 1: The Lingerie Shop by Joey W. Hill
- STRADDLING THE LINE by Jaci Burton
- THE GAME AND THE GOVERNESS by Kate Noble
- BLOOD GAMES by Chloe Neill
Blogging takes time: Reading/Listening, writing, networking, formatting, giveaways, daily “marketing” and designing graphics all take time and money. As long I keep this in mind, I won’t freak out about my bottom line. And, I may (gasp!) even miss a day But – rest assured, I will be here almost 365 days a year.
CHLOE NEILL BLOOD GAMES “local” and Tour-wide” Giveaways can be accessed HERE
I hope you come by!