Everyone knows what famous person they would want to have dinner with but what fictional characters would you invite to your own party. My guest today, Cora Cade, author of TWO IN THE AFTERNOON from Samhain, turns that idea on end, by imagining all the fictional characters she would invite to a party! She’s pared it down to her top ten, but Oh! What a party it would be!
Here’s a bit about the book, on tour with BEWITCHING BOOK TOURS.
Two in the Afternoon
A Day of Pleasure Book 2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Samhain Date of Publication: July 29, 2014
ISBN: 978-1-61922-298-4 Word Count: 26,000
Cover Artist: Lyn Taylor
When it comes to hand-to-heart combat, no hold is barred.
Molly Ryan survived one attack, and she’s not about to be a sitting duck for another. With her attacker harassing her from his jail cell, she packs up her life in Chicago, follows her Delta Force brother to North Carolina and gets work in a pub.
Men in uniform are definitely off her menu, but her boss’s friend, Army Ranger Callum Eversman, is one hot hunk she’d like to sample.
Home on a two-week furlough, Cal has agreed to watch over Molly as a favor to fellow Ranger Noah Harper. Accomplishing his mission without her noticing? That’s going to be tough, as any idiot can see their sparks of attraction from a mile away.
Despite her hands-off-military-men policy, Molly is tempted to indulge, just this once, in a no-strings-attached fling. No dating, no kissy face, no hearts involved. But when her past threatens her future, there’s only one man to turn to. The one who’ll risk everything—body, heart, and soul—to protect her.
Available at the Samhain Store
Top 10 Fictional Characters I’d Invite to a Party
A huge thanks to Fangs, Wands & Fairy Dust for having me today!
In book two of my A Day of Pleasure series, TWO IN THE AFTERNOON, we meet Molly and Cal at the very beginning of their love story. The entire series centers around a pub called The Drunken Duck. A place full of shenanigans and fun characters surrounded by the beauty of a lake in North Carolina.
To celebrate The Drunken Duck and all the good times to be had, we are going to chat about the Top 10 Fictional Characters I’d Invite to a Party.
1. Dean Winchester. For obvious reasons. He’s a total BAMF and I have a soft spot for a guy who drives a classic car like a boss. He’d probably bring Sammy as his plus one, so there’s that.
2. Benedict Cumberbatch. Wait. I mean, Sherlock Holmes. They are kind of synonymous in my head. I’m sure he would say something wholly inappropriate and in the course of the evening probably get dealt a fine set down by our Molly, but it would be entertaining. I believe his plus one would be John, but I secretly hold out hope for him to bring Molly Hooper as his date.
3. Harry Dresden. Jim Butcher’s The Dresden File series is one of my all time most favorite things ever written. He’s a powerful wizard who once road a Tyrannosaurus Rex down the streets of Chicago in battle. I’d like to buy him a drink. Harry would probably bring Karrin with him, to ensure no one took a cheap shot at him.
4. Hermione Granger. Sparkling conversation and a woman who would definitely be carrying a book in her purse. Of course she’s invited! And I believe Ron Weasley would also be in attendance as her plus one.
5. Noah Harper. Our hero in MORNING LIGHT, book one in the series. He’s a wounded former Army Ranger and the owner of The Drunken Duck. He also looks like suspiciously like Chris Hemsworth, so he’s pretty too. And without a doubt Noah’s date would be his wife Tennyson.
6. Elizabeth Bennett. My fictional party filled with fictional people would not be complete until Lizzie Bennett arrived. Strong female heroine who speaks her mind? Yes, please. This would also ensure Mr. Darcy is in attendance as well.
7. Alexa Parrino. Or just Lex. I’m a massive Kit Rocha fan and this dynamic duo writes the Beyond series. Lex’s book is ‘Beyond Control’ (second in the series). She’s one of the most badass heroine’s ever written, totally owns her sexuality and will throw down with any man that threatens her or her chosen family. And where Lex goes so does Dallas, the leader of Sector Four and the ultimate bad boy.
8. J.D. from Scrubs. His inner monologue would need to appear above his head in thought bubbles, but I’d really like to see him drink a fruity cocktail in person. His date would definitely be Turk. Maybe they’d even sing ‘Guy Love’ for us. Either way, they’ll be hysterical.
9. Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff. I desperately hope she would bring Hawkeye/Clint Barton as her date and we would finally get the story about Budapest!
10. Augustus Waters. I can’t say anything about this fictional character without creating spoilers. Just know in my fictional world he’s old enough to have a drink with and I’d love nothing more than to fangirl over a good book with this guy.
As a special thank you to readers, I’m offering a 30% off discount on TWO IN THE AFTERNOON. You can visit the Samhain Store here http://tinyurl.com/mrkmnwo and use the code CCADE2PM14. The discount is good from August 1 through October 31, 2014 on TWO IN THE AFTERNOON only.
About the Author
Nestled away in a small town in Ohio, I spend my days adding delicious books to my library, snuggling with my four rotten dogs, and debating the finer points of life with the dear husband.
When I’m not tucked away with a book you can be find me tapping away at my laptop. With coffee. And my iPod.
This giveaway is a third party contest offered via BEWITCHING BOOKTOURS.
I provide the information solely as a reader convenience and have no responsibility for, or control over the giveaway, terms, nor prize fulfillment. I do not endorse the giveaway.
Please contact BEWITCHING BOOK TOURS with any questions.
5 ebook copies Two in the Afternoon
2 $10 Amazon Gift Cards
1 Swag Bag of Surprise Goodies- open to US Shipping
a Rafflecopter giveaway