Divine Temptation #2
by Sabrina Garie
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
ISBN: 9781419991691 Number of pages: 87 novella Word Count: 24,000
Cover Artist: Fiona Jayde
Phoebe lives trapped between two worlds. Born an Amazon warrior, she’s sworn to serve the Greek pantheon. It’s her work as a scholar in the human world that gives her life passion and purpose and eases her heart—which shattered when the pantheon forced her to abandon her human lover.
Alexander Xenos is world renowned classics expert, who has dedicated his life to the study of ancient cultures and promoting peace. His fame and global adventures hide a hole in his heart, ripped out by a beautiful, gentle scholar, who shut him out cold after the most intense love affair he’d ever had.
Thirty years later, Sander meets his long lost love, only to learn she’s an Amazon, the mythical gods are real, and they are about to go to war. And Phoebe, who still sets his blood to boil, is in the thick of it. He’ll have to prevent a conflict between the Greek and Norse pantheons or lose her again—this time permanently.
Available at Ellora’s Cave
Seven Things on Sander’s Bucket List
What is on the bucket list of a British adventurer who has traveled the world, hiked through rain forests, trekked the arctic tundra all in pursuit of ancient cultural artifacts? Alexander (Sander) Xenos, the hero of Life Reignited, is all of those things, and he has a few secrets as well. Some of his desires might surprise you, but they are revealing. Let me introduce you.
- Producing his own Rocky and Bullwinkle episode, sharing it on his blog, Found Worlds and having it go viral. Sander has a passion for 1950s and 1960s TV shows. Quotes litter his sense of humor. So he’s always harbored a secret dream to actually write an episode of his favorite show.
- A day as a whiskey taster, creating a bold, brassy new scotch blend. Sander is a scotch drinker, with a need to create. Scotch has gotten him through some tough times, especially after Phoebe left him and when he met Tai, his son, in Thirteen Nights, which is Divine Temptation I. This would be his way of having fun and giving back.
- To spend a day alone in the British Museum and/or the U.S.Library of Congress to explore the artifacts and books. Sander is a scholar and loves being one.
- A shoe phone. Remember Get Smart? Even though today’s gadgets out distance Maxwell Smart’s shoe phone, Sander still likes the humor in this one and would still love the chance to take one out for a walk.
- To have lunch with the Dalai Lama, one of his heroes. Sander is dedicated to the bringing of peace. He eschews war and battle, one of the reasons Phoebe, the Amazon, hid that aspect of her personality from him. And why she loved him.
- And the one he never admitted out loud until the events that unfold in Life Reignited, he’s always wanted a week with Phoebe on a deserted island in a makeshift hut, like the set designed for Gilligan’s Island. After Phoebe left him he never really forgot her. His romantic ideal is a desert island. Put the two together, and you have Sander’s ultimate romantic fantasy.
- And long after the Divine Temptation series is done, to take his grandchild on his trek through his favorite ruins. Sander got jerked into the world of Amazons in the first book of the series, Thirteen Nights, when he met his son Tai and his Amazon lover Annie. Sander intends to spend the second half of his life indulging in being part of a family, since he missed it in his younger days. What better way to do it than to share his life’s passions with the next generations.
So what’s on your bucket list? Anything here appeal?
About the Author
Sabrina Garie is on a journey to create the most kick-ass heroine romance fiction has ever known and the hero who can take her. A believer that big, audacious goals spice up life, she relies on coffee, red wine and laughter to make those goals (and her characters) come alive.
When not at the computer, she wrangles vegetables and extra helpings of homework into her star-spangled, fashion-loving progeny, kowtows to a fat cat and reads, a lot. As a child, she wanted to be an astronaut, just to see what’s out there. Now, she just makes it up.
Copyright © SABRINA GARIE, 2014
All Rights Reserved, Ellora’s Cave Publishing, Inc.
Sander wished Phoebe didn’t feel so enticing. Her unique orchid scent wove its way through his bloodstream, mucking up his focus. He couldn’t square the gentle, quick-witted, brilliant scholar he loved as Cassie with the sad-eyed, battle-scarred Amazon warrior called Phoebe fitted against him. His body remembered her. No other woman ever came close to her creativity, capabilities and stamina in bed. She taught him what it was like to fully lose himself in a woman, and he’d never been able to replicate it. He finally understood why—it was never a fair fight. A human woman could not match a physically enhanced being. He’d always thought she was the love of his life, but did he even know her? Nothing made sense, except the hard-on straining against his zipper. Her physical impact hadn’t dimmed. At all.
When Phoebe stabilized, she led them back to her room at Neutral Ground. She appeared perfectly fine after a fight that would have killed most humans. At her door, she pressed her thumbprint on a small indent above the handle, then pushed it open.
“How did you open the door?” He peered inside. “And what did you do to merit this suite?” Molded ceiling, velvet coverings, red and gold Persian carpets and antique furniture that reminded him of a bedroom he’d find in Buckingham Palace. He was sure the paintings—Botticelli’s Birth of Aphrodite, Rubens’ Judgment of Paris among others—were the artists’ originals. Phoebe was right. This would be an intellectual candy land if his emotions weren’t tied up into knots.
A distraught laugh whispered out of her. “I ticked off the Elders and a portion of the Greek pantheon resistant to change. Neutral Ground is one of six safe havens worldwide sanctioned by the Council of Pantheons. Anyone who threatens me here is subject to death. Outside, well you saw for yourself. The DNA lock is an added protection, just in case. Thank you for coming to my rescue, by the way. My fighting skills are not what they used to be.” Her cheeks burned red. Was she embarrassed?
“You’re welcome.” In the corner an inlaid mahogany desk piled high with ancient scrolls drew his attention. “Are those what I think they are?” Her eyes followed his gaze and her eyebrows rose in what looked like an aha moment, then an indulgent and very real smile lit up her face. It was the first time tonight he’d seen the vivacity that lived in his memories, and he’d sneaked glimpses of her all evening.
“Yes, they are. Ancient scrolls documenting the history, culture and science of the Greek pantheon. I even have an original of The Republic by Plato, and Sappho’s poetry. You’re welcome to take a look.”
As a classics scholar, he read ancient Greek, Latin, Scandinavian, Teutonic and Celtic languages. This was a treasure trove he couldn’t resist. “Aren’t you afraid of ruining them?”
“They’re protected by pantheon magic. They can’t be destroyed.” She hooked her arm through his and guided him to the corner. After scrutinizing the pile, she picked up a scroll and handed it to him. Her fingers lingered on his hand longer than necessary. Sparks ignited under the touch. This was the woman he remembered—glowing eyes, an impish grin, with ancient knowledge flowing around her as if it were part of her aura. If there were more lines radiating from her eyes and lips, they softened her, made her more the Cassie he had adored, less the unknown Phoebe.
Tour giveaway is offered by author, and/or the publisher via Bewitching Book Tours. Neither Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust or its owner are responsible for the administration, support or fulfillment of the giveawayl nor do they endorse it. This information and the entry form are provided as a convenience to the reader. Please contact Bewitching Book Tours with any questions or concerns.
2 e-copies of Life Reignited (Book 2, Divine Temptation)
2 e-copies of Thirteen Nights (Book 1, Divine Temptation)
3 decks of Ellora’s Cave Playing Cards
a Rafflecopter giveaway