My guest today is giving up her character’s favorite places to go in their area: Tampa/St. Pete. Characters always know the best places to hang out, eat and shop. I go to to this area often, so you can bet I will be taking note of these ideas.
Jessica’s three novellas in the TAKING ADVANTAGE series have been combined into one omnibus volume. Here’s some info on the novellas. Scroll down for her characters’ suggeestions, a couple of exciting, steamy excerpts and a tourwide giveaway.
TAKING ADVANTAGE SERIES
by Jessica Jayne
Contemporary Erotic Romance from Evernight Publishing
March 27, 2015 – all three novellas released as one paperback
Date of Publication: July 10, 2013
John Dorsey’s life is good. He is the owner of Dorsey Construction. He’s the youngest person on the board of directors for Advantage Insurance Company. He lives on the beach. And he knows he can have any woman he wants. John’s got the world at his fingertips… except he’s yet to find a woman that stimulates both his body and mind.
Elizabeth Wright worked hard in a large Tampa law firm making a name for herself, but it came at the expense of her personal life. When Advantage Insurance Company offers her a job as corporate counsel, Elizabeth cannot turn it down. The thought that she can have a successful legal career and a life excites and intimidates her.
But when their worlds collide one day in the Advantage board room, neither Elizabeth nor John knows what’s hit them. All they know is they can’t stay away from each other.
Date of Publication: August 27, 2013
After his divorce, Greg Snow dedicated his life to his work as a corporate attorney in a large law firm and as a member of the board of directors of Advantage Insurance Company. He liked it that way… at least that’s what he thought until Tessa Mills entered his life.
Growing up with an alcoholic mother and never knowing her father, Tessa Mills has not had an easy life. And her relationship decisions have been less than stellar. But she’s finally making a life for herself and running her own business – a yoga studio. It’s her saving grace and that’s all she needs… until Greg Snow turns her world upside down.
Tessa and Greg have a strong attraction, but is it enough to overcome all their differences?
Mark Olson isn’t just known for owning his three large care dealerships. He’s also known as a player, at least since his divorce. For a while, he believes he is satisfied as a member of Advantage Insurance Company’s board of directors and bedding a different woman every weekend. That is until someone decides to call his bluff.
Suzannah McCormick is the sweet girl working hard as the executive assistant to Advantage’s CEO. But underneath her saccharine southern charm is a vixen-in-waiting. She’s never been with a man that tapped into that side of her, but she set her sights on Mark Olson with high hopes.
Mark doesn’t realize his single status and his heart are in jeopardy.
by Jessica Jayne
I’d like to thank Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust for having me today and allowing me to guest blog. It’s an honor. I’m promoting my Taking Advantage series, published by Evernight Publishing. It’s a compilation of three novellas (Board Stiff, Board Approved and Board Indiscretion) telling the stories of three men that sit on the board of directors for Advantage Insurance Company. Their lives seem to have everything except the one thing all three of them desire—whether they admit it or not—love.
These stories take place in St. Petersburg, Florida and its surrounding beaches. Many people think this area is just for retirees or snowbirds as we like to call them. Though the population doubles from November to April every year with our northern friends, the west coast of Florida has a rather fascinating scene. I thought I’d let each character in the series pick their favorite place in the St. Petersburg area. If you’re planning a trip to visit St. Petersburg, Florida, you might want to hit some, if not all, of these spots.
- John Dorsey’s (of Board Stiff) Favorite Beach Bar—The Undertow—This beachside bar is the ultimate laid-back hang out right on St. Pete Beach. You can sit right on the sand or on the patio. Take your flip flops off and play volleyball on the beach. Don’t miss the sunset from the upper sun deck. With sports on the TVs, a pool table and a mini lazy river running atop its large oval bar, it’s a great place to chill out, catch a game and some rays and enjoy a beer from their solid beer list.
- Elizabeth Wright’s (of Board Stiff) favorite dress shop—Tracy Negoshian—www.tracynegoshian.com—This store is located in the newly remodeled Sun Dial right downtown St. Pete. If you’re looking for bright colors, spectacular designs and styles that flatter all shapes and sizes, Tracy Negoshian has something for you.
- Tessa Mills’ (of Board Approved) favorite local park—Demen’s Landing– http://www.stpeteparksrec.org/demens-landing-park.html – Almost 15 acres of green space sitting right on the bay in downtown St. Petersburg. Walking/running trails, picnic shelters, a playground and boat ramps are available. But the best part of this park is it’s spring time theatre. The American Stage Theatre Company sets up stage in the open grassy area every spring and does a Shakespeare in the Park kind of thing. Toss a blanket out on the grass, bring a bottle of wine and watch live theatre under the stars.
- Greg Snow’s (of Board Approved) favorite restaurant—Bella Brava—www.bellabrava.com– BellaBrava, New World Trattoria, is a great place to start a night on the town. Sitting right on Beach Drive in downtown St. Peterburg, you can watch the waves roll in from the bay waters, see the infamous Pier and the hustle and bustle of a city coming to life. With pasta, fish and meat dishes from Northern Italy to Rome, thin-crust pizzas, and an extensive wine, beer & specialty cocktail list, BellaBrava has something for everyone who loves all things Italian. The Epilogue of the Taking Advantage series takes place at an outdoor table at Bella Brava! J
- Suzannah McCormick’s (of Board Indiscretion) favorite site—the Chihuly Collection at the Morean Arts Center in downtown St. Petersburg. If you aren’t familiar with Dale Chihuly, you’re missing out. St. Pete actually houses his permanent collection of several of his glass sculptures. It’s a great way to spend a couple of hours in the afternoon.
- Mark Olson’s (of Board Indiscretion) favorite sports bar—Ferg’s—www.fergssportsbar.com—This place is the ultimate sports bar experience. Located across the street from Tropicana Field where the Tampa BayRays play, it was popular and packed before those Rays even moved in. With eighty-two televisions, craft beers and some incredible wings, this is the place you want to be on college football Saturday in St. Pete.
Thanks for those great ideas, Jessica ! I will have to check them out on my next trip down that way!
Excerpts for the three books featured in the collection:
“Are you seeing anyone? Sleeping with anyone?” he asked further.
“What?” she said, standing up from her chair. Her face was incapable of hiding her shock at his questions. Her green eyes were wide. Her lips parted. “What sort of questions are these?” John’s stride made short use of the distance between them. He stood directly in front of her, cornering her behind her desk. He looked down into her green eyes. They were gorgeous… she was gorgeous. And he had every intention of claiming her.
“Answer my questions, Elizabeth. Are you seeing anyone?” He watched as her eyes widened even further with shock at his determination to get answers to his questions. Nervousness flittered across her face, but her breath came out in short pants as if his close proximity affected her. He watched as her chest rose and fell with each breath. God, he wanted to feel her body against his. He just knew she would feel perfect against him… in his arms.
“I don’t want to seem like I am ungrateful for what I have. I’ve worked hard for it. Very hard. And…” Before she knew what was happening, Greg’s hand palmed the back of her head and pulled her into a kiss that sent her head spinning. His lips were firm yet soft to the touch and he moved them expertly over her own. His goatee tickled her skin in a lascivious way that made her wonder what it would feel like at other spots on her body. His tongue flicked out over her lips and Tessa was unable to stifle the moan that rose up her chest. He took that as the opportunity to move further and pushed his tongue between her lips. Oh sweet Jesus, he tasted fantastic! He tasted like caramel coffee. She could get lost in his taste… in his kiss. His experience was evident as he licked into her mouth, exploring every crevice. His hand flexed at the back of her head before sliding down to the nape of her neck and caressing her there. She’d never been kissed so thoroughly, so sensuously. Her panties dampened as he took the kiss deeper and her hands gripped his shirt tightly as if it were the only way for her to keep from melting into the seat.
Since his divorce, he’d convinced himself that remaining single was what he wanted. It made things less complicated for his two pre-teen daughters. Shit! It made things less complicated for himself. But that lifestyle could also be quite lonely.
That’s where Suzie came in and complicated the hell out of his life. She was the executive assistant to the CEO of Advantage Insurance Company, Michael Herron, and well… Mark was a member of Advantage’s board of directors, had been for several years. He loved his position on the board. Aside from the small amount of prestige it carried, he’d made great friends with the other members, particularly the two younger board members—John Dorsey and Greg Snow. A relationship with Suzie could compromise his position on the board and with the members, but truth be told, he also loved his most recent position between her legs.
If only the situation was different.
A familiar giggle wafted in from the direction of the dance floor. The delicate sound stirred his cock to life. It stiffened against his black trousers instantly. After several weeks of clandestine meetings involving dirty talk and hard fucks, he’d know that giggle anywhere. He’d heard it many times afterwards when they lay tangled in each other’s limbs. Turning his head in the direction of the dance floor, anger heated his face and his hands clenched into fists on the bar top at the sight he witnessed.
Sandwiched between two guys that he’d now refer to as dickheads, danced the woman that wreaked havoc on his single life status. Her little black dress clung to her trim frame, emphasizing her small, but very perky breasts and showing off her figure that could easily grace the cover of any fashion magazine. Her legs stretched for miles and her creamy white skin contrasted nicely against the jet black of her dress. Flinging her silky blonde hair over her shoulder and down her back, her pink Pursecase carrying her iPhone dangled from her wrist as her hips gyrated against her two dance partners. The taller man dancing behind her slipped his hand over her hip and rested it over her low belly as he rubbed what Mark was sure to be a rock hard erection against Suzie’s ass.
What the fuck is she doing?
First, she never came to the Beach Club. Never. In all his regular visits to this club over the last couple of years, he had yet to see her in here once. Not once! Second, she was practically dry-humping two guys in the middle of the dance floor. That wasn’t her typical style.
Suzie was one of those beautiful women that appeared to have the girl-next-door innocence. She didn’t dress too provocatively. She was sexy, but in that way that was just natural. Her bubbly Southern charm won over all the men on the board of directors and Mark speculated it would win over anyone. He flirted with her, teasing her on board days to get a rise out of her. There’d always been a twinkle of mischief in her eyes when he flirted with her that would leave him questioning whether he knew her at all.
At last quarter’s board meeting, she left him dumbfounded when she responded to his flirtation with a proposition. After mulling it over for a bit, which actually had turned out to be a couple weeks, he called her bluff. He asked her over to his place for cocktails and she showed up. What he learned was that there was a lot more to Suzannah McCormick than met the eye. The rest was history.
Throwing back the last remnants of his whiskey, he stood from his stool, tossed some cash on the bar, and turned toward the dance floor. He wrestled with what his next move should be.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
About the Author:
Jessica is a born and raised small town Ohio girl, who moved to the Sunshine State after graduating from college. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in English because she could not imagine doing anything else but reading and writing.
In the journey of life, she obtained her law degree (and bar license) and also became a wife and a mother of three children. So, life is always an adventure.
She loves to read and write… obviously! She’s a huge sports fan, especially college football and The Ohio State Buckeyes! Go Steelers! Go Rays! Go Lightning! She LOVES to travel… LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to travel. She loves to drink coffee in the morning and tea at night! She loves a good glass of wine, especially if it comes from a bottle made by the FOOLS wine club… yep, she’s a founding member of that crazy group! She loves hanging out with her family and friends! Music makes her happy. She’s a mix between country girl and city chic. She’s a sucker for a cowboy hat!
Favorite quote: “If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.”
GIVEAWAY FROM AUTHOR AND BEWITCHING BOOK TOURS
This is a tourwide giveaway I have no control over nor responsibility for any aspect thereof.
$25 Amazon Gift Card
1 paperback copy of the Taking Advantage series
1 set of ebooks containing an ecopy of each novella in the series