All the books in the featured image are what I read in reviewed in the past two months. But blogging does not make up my whole life, and there has been other stuff going on as well.
In the past couple of months we’ve done a lot here around the house, and in life. I have been (art) painting more and listening to audio books when I am painting if it is feasible. I have actually even sold a couple of paintings. We’ve also been working on our never ending list of house projects.
And, with the students we “community host” for a local liberal arts college coming back to town, we have had a welcome uptick in activity there as well. We now have three young ladies we consider family. These young women all attend a local liberal arts school and we are part of a program to help them feel at home in their new, probably temporary, community. They live on campus, we are just here for fun and as back-up. It’s a great program for us as we don’t have kids and could easily lose contact with the younger generation.
We also finished this year’s planned phase in our seemingly never ending porch project, installed two new windows on another porch, gotten our family room furniture reupholstered and returned to us, and bought a new Range Rover.
I know some of you readers manage all of this as well as jobs and children, and I admire it hugely – if you also find time to read it is a miracle. I must say, I am exhausted! And, in the personal maelstrom I call life, I have blogged 41 reviews in 61 days, with one guest post from Kerrigan Byrne for the debut of THE HIGHWAYMAN where she talks about the origins of Scotland yard and her character’s role in it, had one blog hop, 9 Saturdays (when I do not blog) and 9 SUNDAY POSTS wherein I recap the week before and schedule the week ahead.
Here are the books I both read AND reviewed these past two months! Titles link to reviews.
- THE VEIL , Devil’s Isle, #1 by Chloe Neill
- WICKED CHARMS, Lizzy & Diesel, by Janet Evanovich & Phoef Sutton
- A WEE MURDER IN MY SHOP, SCOTSHOP #1, FRAN STEWART
- FREE AGENT, Grimm Agency #1, JC Nelson
- WICKED WHITE , Wicked White #1, by Michelle A. Valentine
- THE BOURBON KINGS, by JR Ward
- ONLY A PROMISE, Survivors’ Club, by Mary Balogh
- RULES OF CIVILITY, by Amor Towles
- THE ART OF FIELDING, by Chad Harbach
- THE UNDERCOVER SCOUNDREL, Hope Diamond Trilogy 3, by Jessica Peterson
- MRS. SINCLAIR’S SUITCASE, by Louise Walters
- THE COINCIDENCE OF COCONUT CAKE by Amy E. Reichert
- THE ART OF SINNING by Sabrina Jeffries
- MAGIC BURNS, Kate Daniels 2, By Ilona Andrews
- WEIRD SISTERS, by Eleanor Brown
- SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY, Out of Bounds #4, by Tracy Solhheim
- SCANDAL NEVER SLEEPS The Perfect Gentlemen #1, by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake
- THE LURE OF THE MOONFLOWER, Pink Carnation series Book 12, by Laura Willig
- THE VIRGIN, The White Years, by Tiffany Reisz
- FINAL LAP by Erin McCarthy
- KITTY SAVES THE WORLD, Kitty Norville 12 & final, by Carrie Vaughn
- ARMAGEDDON RULES, Grimm Agency 2, by J. C. Nelson
- SWEET AS SIN, Bad Habit 1, by JT Geissinger
- THE TAMING OF THE BILLIONAIRE, Billionaire & Bridesmaids 2, by Jessica Clare
- ALL WOUND UP, Play by Play #10, by Jaci Burton
- THE SOUND OF GLASS, by Karen White
- UNDER THE LIGHTS, Boys of Fall #1, by Shannon Stacey
- SECOND CHANCE SUMMER, Cedar Ridge 1, by Jill Shalvis
- A TRAIL THROUGH TIME , The Chrinicles of St. Mary’s #4, by Jodi Taylor
- FALL FROM INDIA PLACE, On Dublin St. #4, by Samantha Young
- INSIDER, Exodus End World Tour #1, by Olivia Cunning
- ALL I WANT, Animal Magnetism #7, by Jill Shalvis
- WHAT TO DO WITH A DUKE, Spinster House #1, by Sally MacKenzie
- PLAYING WITH FIRE, Hot in Chicago #2, by Kate Meader
- THUG NOTES, by Sparky Sweets PhD.
- ABOUT A VAMPIRE, by Lynsay Sands
- HARD AS STEEL, A Hard Ink Novella, by Laura Kaye
- THE ROGUE YOU KNOW, Covent Garden Cubs #2, by Shana Galen
- THE STOLEN MACKENZIE BRIDE, The MacKenzies & MacBrides, by Jennifer Ashley
- ONLY A KISS, Survivors’ Club #8, by Mary Balogh
- THE SISTERS OF VERSAILLES, Mistresses of Versailles#1, by Sally Christie
YTD = 146
8/2 JUST THE USUAL,
I make a new graphic for each review, and a new icon when it moves me. Those are visible at each review and each of my Sunday Posts.
I had four books I bought and listened to but did not review. When I have a “waiting to be reviewed” pile-up I review stuff from publishers first. I will probably do those in a single post this coming month.